mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] JBossXACML v2.0.2.GA based on OpenSAML v2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] JBossXACML v2.0.2.GA based on OpenSAML v2.0

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] JBossXACML v2.0.2.GA based on OpenSAML v2.0
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 07:39:33 +0100

Anil Saldhana wrote:
b)
I could not get to statements in an assertion. I had to cast it to
AssertionImpl and get the statements.
Maybe I can use the unknownxmlobjects or such in Assertion?
========================

XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType decision = (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType)

OpenSAMLUtil.buildXMLObject(XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME_XACML20);

//Some mismatch in the Statements for XACML
AssertionImpl assertionImpl = (AssertionImpl) assertion;
assertionImpl.getStatements().add(decision);

samlResponse.getAssertions().add(assertionImpl);

Not sure why you had to cast this. The interface, Assertion, has the getStatements() method. So you should be able to do this without casting.

c) I hope for a better solution than the following - the unknown part:
envelope.getBody().getUnknownXMLObjects().add(samlResponse);

Basically, I did not use the xacml integration code from opensaml2 branch. I
learned how to do things by picking nuggets of wisdom from the xacml layer
of opensaml2. Hopefully once the xacml layer is properly integrated into a
future version of opensaml2, I can work on better integrating my xacml
library to the opensaml2xacml types. :)

This won't change. This is simply how we model "any" types like the SOAP Body element.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities