mace-opensaml-users - AbstractSignableXMLObject

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

AbstractSignableXMLObject

  • From: Asa Hardcastle <>
  • To: mace-opensaml-users <>
  • Subject: AbstractSignableXMLObject
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:52:57 -0500

Hi All,

When building my tooling classes I've made a habit of always extending AbstractSignableXMLObject. I just realized that it is more likely that I should only be doing this for elements that I plan to sign.

ridiculous example:

<MyThing>
<TrivialElement></TrivialElement >
<ImportantElement id="imp_ele">
<ImportantElementChild></ImportantElementChild>
</ImportantElement>
<SomeOtherImportantElement id="so_imp_ele">
</SomeOtherImportantElement >
</MyThing>

If I wanted to sign SomeOtherImportantElement and ImportantElement, then the tooling classes would extend AbstractSignableXMLObject, whereas, TrivialElement and MyThing could extend AbstractXMLObject.

Is this right?

thanks,

asa

--
Asa Hardcastle, Technical Lead, openLiberty ID-WSF ClientLib
Tel: +1.413.429.1044 Skype: subsystem7