mace-opensaml-users - RE: non-compliant Issuer content.

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: non-compliant Issuer content.

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Xavier Drudis Ferran'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: non-compliant Issuer content.
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:06:37 -0500

> I thought the default format for Issuer was
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:entity
> and any other had to be declared with the format attribute
> (sstc-saml-core 2.2.5 ).

Yes, you're right, sorry.

> But ok, semantic validation isn't cheap, and that's why I started by
> saying I didn't know how easy it was. And besides it seems nobody
> complies anyway.

It wouldn't be horrible in this case since it's a fixed default, so in my
case I probably would have done it in my SchemaValidator suite for Issuer.
But I have no reliable way to enforce URL syntax in C++. Xerces has
interesting ideas about what that means, and a horribly non-extensible
mechanism for URL schemes.