mace-opensaml-users - Re: Creating an XMLObject - C++

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Creating an XMLObject - C++

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Creating an XMLObject - C++
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:48:48 -0500

Brian Sheely wrote:
You're right... I wasn't up to date (no pun intended). I think I've
figured out part of the problem. It seems that it's because the year is
2008 that DateTime::parseInt throws "Invalid non-numeric characters."

Well, that doesn't really make sense, obviously. The class works fine for current dates.

If I change the year to 2007 as shown below, no exception is thrown when I
later try to create an XMLObject. I can then cast the XMLObject to an
AuthnRequest object, but it doesn't return values that I expect.

Well, you're playing some games with memory here. I don't know that the calls you're making are correct. setBuffer might not copy the data for example.

I also know that the Xerces date class (which this is just a copy of with some epoch support added) requires you to manually call the parse method after changing the object. It's simply not a friendly class, and my code doesn't expect you to use it.

I have shortcuts for using time_t in and out that avoid any use of actual ISO format strings.