mace-opensaml-users - RE: Creating an XMLObject - C++

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Creating an XMLObject - C++

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Creating an XMLObject - C++
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:03:15 -0500

> I must be doing something wrong when trying to create an XMLObject. It
> crashes when it gets to the memcpy call in XMLString::replicate.

What memcpy? Something deep inside the unmarshaller, you mean? I guess it
would depend on where the crash was.

> The authnRequest parameter that's passed in is a null terminated char*.
The code
> that creates the authnRequest has been tested and seems to work fine. If I
> write the DOMDocument, it looks as expected. Any idea what's wrong? Thanks
> for your input!

I don't see anything wrong with the code except for maybe that call to
setEncoding, which doesn't make any sense to me. The encoding of a document
is defined by the input. If it's not UTF8 to begin with, that call would be
wrong. Maybe your input document isn't UTF-8.