mace-opensaml-users - Re: prepareForAssignment

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: prepareForAssignment

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: prepareForAssignment
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:30:54 +0100

I think org.opensaml.xml.util.AttributeMap does what you want.

Asa Hardcastle wrote:
Hi All,

I am in the middle of modeling ID-WSF 2.0 DST using the java XMLTooling library. It appears that AbstractXMLObject.prepareForAssignment(oldString, newString) -- a protected method -- is used to determine whether or not the DOM should be dumped.

One of the challenges I am facing is writing all of the xmltooling classes without an xsd class generator, hence I am trying to keep the maintainable code to a minimum. One way I am doing this is by modeling attribute sets and using them to store values in my XML Tooling classes. This seemed like a great idea until I realized that xmltooling would have no way of knowing if I changed the value of an attribute, unless I told it.

My solution.

Create a utility class that looks like this:

OpenLibertyHelpers.prepareForAssignment(oldString, newString, abstractXMLObject)

where I compare the strings the same way AbstractXMLObject does it, and then if needed, I call abstractXMLObject.releaseThisAndParentDOM()

Does this sound like an ok approach? Is there a better approach? Any pitfalls?

thanks,

asa

--
Asa Hardcastle, Technical Lead, openLiberty ID-WSF ClientLib
Tel: +1.413.429.1044 Skype: subsystem7

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

  • prepareForAssignment, Asa Hardcastle, 12/17/2007
    • Re: prepareForAssignment, Chad La Joie, 12/18/2007