mace-opensaml-users - Re: NoClassDefFoundError in xmltooling Configuration

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: NoClassDefFoundError in xmltooling Configuration

  • From: Manuela Stanica <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: NoClassDefFoundError in xmltooling Configuration
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:26:00 +0100

Manuela Stanica schrieb:
Right now I get a NullPointerException error while trying to build objects (like an EntityDescriptor).
Fixed this by adding DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap() before doing anything else... guess the way to configure the library had changed and I didn't find that right away.

There's still the question about registering new object providers though...

I also got difficulties while trying to register new SAML objects, as in:
Configuration.registerObjectProvider(OnlineCAService.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME, new OnlineCAServiceBuilder(),new OnlineCAServiceMarshaller(),new OnlineCAServiceUnmarshaller(), null);

This leads to a NullPointerException in the line configuredObjectProviders.put(providerName, configuration) inside the above method in Configuration because of the last parameter being null.
Yet, the javadoc says * @param configuration optional XML configuration snippet. If it's indeed optional (and I hope so), maybe there should be an if(configuration!=null) surrounding that line..?

Thanks in advance,
Manuela