mace-opensaml-users - Re: NoClassDefFoundError in xmltooling Configuration

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: NoClassDefFoundError in xmltooling Configuration

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: NoClassDefFoundError in xmltooling Configuration
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:08:48 -0800

If it wasn't in the distribution than that was a mistake, it should have been. You only need that library if you're trying to use JDK 1.4 version of the library as well. So if you're running on 1.5 and accidentally got the 1.4 code you might want to get the 1.5 code.

Also, you should be using the latest code from trunk, the code from TP2 is very old now. The easiest way to do this is to pull the code from the project java-shib-dist and run ./ant.sh opensaml

Manuela Stanica wrote:
Solved that one by adding backport-util-concurrent.jar , but I hadn't found this lib among the ones from the opensaml releases... Maybe it would be good to include it in third-party libs since it seems to be needed?

Cheers,
Manuela

Manuela Stanica schrieb:
Hi,

I've been working on moving from java opensaml libs TP2 to the last versions available on the svn. At the moment I'm stuck with the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap
at org.opensaml.xml.Configuration.<clinit>(Configuration.java:54)
at org.opensaml.xml.parse.BasicParserPool.<init>(BasicParserPool.java:121)
at net.geant.edugain.meta.publish.MetaDataMarshaller.<init>(MetaDataMarshaller.java:64)

The code builds and doesn't show any errors in the project but I get this exception when trying to run my test classes.
Help would be much appreciated... thanks.

Manuela

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities