mace-opensaml-users - SAML-XACML extension for OpenSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAML-XACML extension for OpenSAML

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: SAML-XACML extension for OpenSAML
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:24:23 +0100

Over the last year or so I've received emails from various individuals asking if I was going to implement the SAML-XACML protocol within the OpenSAML library.

Håkon Sagehaug, from the University of Bergen, has produced an extension to OpenSAML that adds this support. Like the base OpenSAML library his extension implements the code for parsing, creating, and marshalling SAML-XACML messages. As it's built as an extension to OpenSAML all of the binding, security, and utilities of the OpenSAML library are available for use in the SAML-XACML protocol.

Note, just as OpenSAML is not a SAML IdP or SP, this extension is not a XACML PDP, PEP, etc.

Information on the extension can be found here:
http://www.bccs.uib.no/~hakont/SAMLXACMLExtension

Thanks to Håkon for providing this code.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

  • SAML-XACML extension for OpenSAML, Chad La Joie, 11/15/2007