mace-opensaml-users - procedure entry point not located in xmltooling1_0D.dll

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

procedure entry point not located in xmltooling1_0D.dll

  • From: "Brian Sheely" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: procedure entry point not located in xmltooling1_0D.dll
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:31:22 -0700

I've created a C++ test app in Visual Studio which uses the saml2_0D.dll.  I get the following message when I run:

"The procedure entry point ??1CategoryStream@log4shib@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library xmltooling1_0D.dll."

I built xmltooling using log4shib rather than log4cpp. I went back and defined the XMLTOOLING_LOG4SHIB compile flag and rebuilt xmltooling thinking that might have been the problem. I haven't tried to demangle the method name, but it obviously has to do with the use of CategoryStream. Does anyone have an idea of what the issue is and how to fix it?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian