mace-opensaml-users - How would someone create a C++ wrapper?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

How would someone create a C++ wrapper?

  • From: "Brian Sheely" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: How would someone create a C++ wrapper?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:05:55 -0700

I've been tasked to create a thin wrapper around the OpenSAML C++ library which would allow an SP or IdP to make use of SSO functionality without having to spend much time reading specifications or code.  For example, providing a method that would allow an Idp to create a successful SAML Response message from just 5 or 6 simple input parameters.  The goal is to present a very simple API that is very easy to use.

I've spent several days reading both, and I still haven't figured out how to proceed. Is anyone willing to give a short (1-2 paragraph) guideline on what to wrap, what code to focus on, etc. Thanks in advance.

Brian