mace-opensaml-users - RE: A suggestion about digital signatures

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: A suggestion about digital signatures

  • From: "George Stanchev" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: A suggestion about digital signatures
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:32:53 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Cantor
[mailto:]

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:09 AM

>> My question is: for you, this token is correct?

> I don't think it's generally acceptable to send two assertions in one
token element, no.

I thought the same. If multiple tokens need to be returned, an RSTRC
element needs to be
used. WS-Trust spec define in 6.3.2 More Than One Proof-Of-Possession
Tokens Case how
multiple tokens need to be returned.

A correct reponse would look like

<wst:RequestSecurityResponseCollection>
<wst:RequestSecurityResponse>
<TokenType>saml...</TokenType>
<RequestedSecurityToken>
<saml:Assertion/> (signed by the Identity Provider, the
AuthAssertin)
</wst:RequestedSecurityToken>
<wst:RequestSecurityResponse>
<TokenType>saml...</TokenType>
<RequestedSecurityToken>
<saml:Assertion/> (signed by the Attribute Authority, the
AttrAssertion)
</wst:RequestedSecurityToken>
</wst:RequestSecurityTokenResponse>

George

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail