mace-opensaml-users - Re: Subversive 1.1.5 + Eclipse 3.2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Subversive 1.1.5 + Eclipse 3.2

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: Subversive 1.1.5 + Eclipse 3.2
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:02:46 -0400

Okay, figured it out. Guess I should read the documentation, but for
some reason I still assume that people don't intentionally make large,
compatibility-breaking, changes during patch releases.

So, starting with Subversive 1.1.3 (I was on 1.1.2) they moved to using
JavaHL as the default SVN client. JavaHL is a JNI binding to native SVN
clients and Subversive only shipped the Windows version. In addition
they removed the SVNKit, native Java SVN lib, from the base package,
effectively making the default Subversive client Windows-only.

So, to fix the problem:

1. Go to Install/Update wizard (Help > Software Update > Find and Install)

2. Select "Search for new features to install"

3. Check the box for "Subversive update site" and hit "Finish"

4. In the Subversive Clients make sure you check the Java SVN
implementation. You may also want to pick up the "JDT Ignore Extension"
plugin which automatically ignores folders that Eclipse targets as build
destinations (yes, this used to be part of the base install too).

Hit finish and install the plugins. When Eclipse restarts:

1. Go the Eclipse Preferences (Windows > Preferences)

2. Select the SVN Preferences (Team > SVN)

3. Select the SVN Client tab

4. In the SVN Client drop down select "SVN Kit ......"

5. Hit Apply

You should be fine at this point.

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg