mace-opensaml-users - RE: Problems initializing XML tooling in servlet (TOMCAT) environment

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Problems initializing XML tooling in servlet (TOMCAT) environment

  • From: "Prasanna Krishna" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: Problems initializing XML tooling in servlet (TOMCAT) environment
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:47:25 +0000

Hello -

I finally got through this by placing xerces-2.9.0-xml-apis.jar under common/endorsed folder. I had it earlier under web-inf/lib but it wasn't even getting picked up but once I placed it under common/endorsed I moved through bootstrap step successfully. I will get back to you all in case I hit any other blocker.

In fact this jar file was picked up from svn trunk of opensaml2 under thirdparty-lib\xerces.

Another interesting aspect is the TransformFactory class & related impln. is under javax/xml/transform of xerces-2.9.0-xml-apis.jar

Thanks to all

Regards
Prasanna Krishna