mace-opensaml-users - RE: SP/IDP Examples with OpenSAML2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SP/IDP Examples with OpenSAML2

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SP/IDP Examples with OpenSAML2
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:19:31 -0400

> We plan to use OpenSAML for our project. And the plan is to start with
> OpenSAML2 instead of v1. As the documentation of OpenSAML is not
> really comprehensive, I think that some examples of simple IDP/SP can
> be very useful to start with using OpenSAML.

Yes, but if we had the time to do those kinds of samples, we'd have better
documentation too.

People ask for examples all the time, but not one person has ever provided
any. They take a lot of time, and this project is a sideline. And the kind
of sample you're talking about is akin to re-implementing Shibboleth, and we
can't take the time to do that.