mace-opensaml-users - Re: Turning down tracing in opensaml2 code

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Turning down tracing in opensaml2 code

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Turning down tracing in opensaml2 code
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:19:08 -0400

OpenSAML uses Log4j as its logging mechanism, so you change the settings however your environment is setting them. In most servlet containers, for example, there is a master logging configuration that you would adjust. The OpenSAML2 jar itself doesn't contain a log4j configuration specifically because doing so would require cracking up the jar the change logging configurations (why other libraries do this is beyond me).

Mike Klein wrote:
opensaml execution always seems to dump at tracing (or info) level and I
wish to change this.

Given I have opensaml2 "binary" and am not invoking loggers
directly...how do you reset log level for apps inside jars? I could
certainly modify log4j.properties or something but this violates
encapsulation of jar.

There is BasicConfigurator as entry point to logging however this
doesn't seem to have appropriate methods.

thanks,

mike

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg