mace-opensaml-users - Turning down tracing in opensaml2 code

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Turning down tracing in opensaml2 code

  • From: Mike Klein <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Turning down tracing in opensaml2 code
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:12:52 -0700

opensaml execution always seems to dump at tracing (or info) level and I
wish to change this.

Given I have opensaml2 "binary" and am not invoking loggers
directly...how do you reset log level for apps inside jars? I could
certainly modify log4j.properties or something but this violates
encapsulation of jar.

There is BasicConfigurator as entry point to logging however this
doesn't seem to have appropriate methods.

thanks,

mike