mace-opensaml-users - Re: Problems signing response...XMLObject does not have the XMLSignature created during marshalling

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Problems signing response...XMLObject does not have the XMLSignature created during marshalling

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Problems signing response...XMLObject does not have the XMLSignature created during marshalling
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 21:49:40 -0400

That's an "expected" error. You need to marshall the object to be
signed before you call Signer.signObject(sig). So in your case your
need to first marshall the response, after you call
response.setSignature(sig).

That process is documented here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/OSTwoUserManJavaDSIG

--Brent