mace-opensaml-users - Re: determining the statement type

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: determining the statement type

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: determining the statement type
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:23:47 -0400

On 4/20/07, Scott Cantor
> In OpenSAML 1.1, given an instance of a subclass of SAMLStatement, how
> do I programmatically determine the instance type?
>
> Maybe a code snippet will help explain what I'm trying to do:

I think your code snippet is the code...

Hmm, I don't think I did a very good job explaining what I'm trying to
do. I want to write a function that takes a SAMLStatement and outputs
a type (as a String). For example:

getStatementType(statement) ==> "saml:AuthenticationStatementType"

I'm assuming of course there may be an arbitrary number of statement
types, not just the standard types.

Thanks,
Tom