mace-opensaml-users - RE: Can't validate Signature of SAML 1.0 Assertion resulting from decrypted EncryptedData

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Can't validate Signature of SAML 1.0 Assertion resulting from decrypted EncryptedData

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Can't validate Signature of SAML 1.0 Assertion resulting from decrypted EncryptedData
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 00:41:20 -0400

> This is what I'm currently seeing, that it is still broken for SAML
> 1.1. I just updated my application and tests to use SAML 1.1 tokens
> and they still don't validate. The error appears to be identical.

Ok, hopefully we can isolate it. I just didn't want you to depend on SAML
1.0 behavior that I know isn't predictable. I don't like promising anything
we can't make work with off the shelf products, it just leads to messy
problems later for a lot of projects.

> > If the Decrypter.decryptData is used(), it unmarshalls an XMLObject
> > around the DOM DocumentFragment returned by Decrypter.decryptToDOM().

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that's what was being tried, but I figured the
straight DocumentFragment version would be unlikely to work no matter what
we tried. It just isn't feasible without schema validation.