mace-opensaml-users - RE: Can't validate Signature of SAML 1.0 Assertion resulting from decrypted EncryptedData

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Can't validate Signature of SAML 1.0 Assertion resulting from decrypted EncryptedData

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Can't validate Signature of SAML 1.0 Assertion resulting from decrypted EncryptedData
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 21:28:47 -0400

A quick glance at the 1.x Assertion implementation classes indicates at a
minimum that it's buggy. It's illegally establishing "IDness" regardless of
the SAML version, instead of checking MinorVersion and leaving 1.0 out.

That explains why your unmarshalled assertion would verify, but it
shouldn't, as I said in my previous note.