mace-opensaml-users - RE: How to identify the correct SAMLQuery/SAMLStatement?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: How to identify the correct SAMLQuery/SAMLStatement?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: How to identify the correct SAMLQuery/SAMLStatement?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:10:31 -0400

> I mean, in my program I listen for example for SAMLRequest, one arrives,
> I get the SAMLQuery... and now what? I have one SAMLQuery which type I
> don't know, and I need to know it to continue processing the request (and
> take the correct parameters...).

You have to cast it. XML data models generally require huge amounts of
dynamic casting to implement within an OO language.

With the new libraries you can also examine the elementQName or schemaType
properties to derive guesses as to what type of object it might be, but in
Java a dynamic cast is much faster than that. In C++, it's rather similar.