mace-opensaml-users - Re: AttributeValue creation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: AttributeValue creation

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: AttributeValue creation
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 02:41:11 -0500

Just for completeness, note that I happen to choose string values because that seems to be the most common use case, not because it's the only option. I could have chosen any XMLObject so long as I built it with a name of AttributeValue and preferably set its xsi:type.

So, if I wanted a SAML assertion to be an attribute value I would do the same things but build an assertion instead of an XSString:

XMLObjectBuilder<Assertion> builder = buildFactory.getBuilder(Assertion.TYPE_NAME);

Assertion attributeValue = builder.buildObject(AttributeValue.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME, Assertion.TYPE_NAME);

attributeValue.setIssueInstant(new DateTime());
// Set other assertion values and child elements

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124