mace-opensaml-users - AttributeValue creation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

AttributeValue creation

  • From: "Subash Devkota" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: AttributeValue creation
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:36:12 +0545

Hi all,

I am using the latest java-saml2 codes from svn.

I want to build AttributeValue object and append it to Attribute. There is no AttributeValueBuilder.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/OSTwoUsrManJavaLibIntro page under *Default Object Provider* section states that:

In most cases developer's wont encounter this XMLObject. However, it's common that this object will be used as the container for AttributeValue elements.

Scott and Chad,
Does it mean, we need to use this default object provider for creating AttributeValue object?
I tried it in the following manner.
In common-config.xml file, I found the entry
<BuilderClass className="org.opensaml.xml.ElementProxyBuilder" />
and tried to create the object using the code:

org.opensaml.xml.ElementProxyBuilder proxyBuilder= new org.opensaml.xml.ElementProxyBuilder();
AttributeValue attributeValue= (AttributeValue) proxyBuilder.buildObject(SAMLConstants.SAML20_NS, AttributeValue.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_LOCAL_NAME, SAMLConstants.SAML20_PREFIX);
But, I encounter the ClassCastException in second line.

How can I create AttributeValue object?

Thanks in advance
Subash

PRIVACY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of
the information contained in this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email.