mace-opensaml-users - Re: Error compiling java-opensaml2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Error compiling java-opensaml2

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Error compiling java-opensaml2
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:31:59 -0500

The SVN trunk is not guaranteed to be stable, but we do like and need to hear about errors such as these.  It helps us fix things.  Keep in mind this is non-released software, still under relatively heavy development.

What JDK and version are you using?  I remember from a previous message that you were using IBM's JDK, is that still the case?   I'm not getting errors using Sun's JDK, but perhaps another JDK is more strict with respect to the generics parameters.  I'll investigate further.

--Brent

Kanungo, Rajesh wrote:
I got an error compiling java-opensaml2.  If the main branch is supposed to be unstable, then my apologies.
Both build.xml and the regular eclipse compilation complained.

-- Rajesh

C:\Documents and Settings\rkanungo\workspace\java-opensaml2\src\org\opensaml\sam
l2\encryption\EncryptedElementTypeKeyResolver.java:30: org.opensaml.xml.security
.KeyInfoResolver cannot be inherited with different arguments: <> and <java.secu
rity.PublicKey>
public class EncryptedElementTypeKeyResolver extends InlineX509KeyInfoResolver i
mplements EncryptedKeyInfoResolver {