mace-opensaml-users - Re: Building the system under Eclipse/SVN

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Building the system under Eclipse/SVN

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Building the system under Eclipse/SVN
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:19:23 -0500

Kanungo, Rajesh wrote:
I am having problems getting the code to compile [java-xmltooling, java-opensaml2, etc.] after I checkout the sources using eclipse, IBM JDK1.5, etc.  My guess is that somehow I am looking at the wrong version of the tree with mismatched libraries.  I used, for checkout, the following steps:

1.  Create the SVN repository link as described in https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/EclipseDevEnv
2.  Checkout as ... Project using the New Project Wizard.
3.  I checkout the whole tree.
4.  After some time it makes me go through the wizard for src and other trees.

For example, for project properties for java-opensaml2, I select, for source branches/2.0TP2/src, branches/2.0TP2/test.  The errors are generally undefined methods or bad signature values.  This leads me to believe I have mismatched code and libraries some where.

You shouldn't be getting the branches, tags, etc, only the trunk (assuming you want the latest code).  In other words, after you define the SVN repository link, you should click on on the plus sign to expand the repository, underneath that you should see three levels: branches, tags, trunk.  From there, right-click on "trunk", and do "Checkout..."

  1. Open the Subversion (SVN) Perspective
  2. Add a new SVN repository using the URL https://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/[REPO_NAME]
  3. Expand the newly added repository and right click on trunk
  4. Select "Check Out As Project"
  5. Switch back to the Java Perspective