mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSaml2 Library - SAML11 signature validation error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSaml2 Library - SAML11 signature validation error

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: OpenSaml2 Library - SAML11 signature validation error
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:58:28 -0500

> I am getting an error while validating SAML 1.1 assertion signature. I
> am using the OpenSaml 2 libraries (build from the svn on 12/28/06).

Try using a validating parser. If that works, there's a bug and it's not
establishing IDness in the DOM after a standard parse. I don't see anything
in the Java code that would handle this, but I didn't write it, so can't be
sure.

> Same code works fine if I validate the signature from SAML 2.0.

I don't understand what that means. SAML 2.0 is a spec, not software.

> Original Exception was
> org.apache.xml.security.signature.ReferenceNotInitializedException: Cannot
> resolve element with ID vz..kbXysc027PoEWu1E.XSFc3g

That's the issue. The cause is the question.