mace-opensaml-users - g++-3.3 compatability

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

g++-3.3 compatability

  • From: Andreas Vallen <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: g++-3.3 compatability
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:40:34 +0200

Hello Scott,

We are planning to use the C++ version of OpenSAML2 in an environment that uses g++-3.3 as its C++ runtime. Unfortunately this version of the gnu compiler misses adequate support for c++ covariant returns that are used in the opensaml2 and xmltooling-cpp libraries, resulting in compile errors.

For stability reasons upgrading the runtime is not an option for us. So we are looking into changing the code to make it compile. This seems to be possible without changing the client API.

Maybe you have a simpler solution? If not we'd be like to discuss our changes with you so that you might consider incorporating them and we wouldn't have to maintain our own version of the libraries.

Kind regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Vallen Software Engineer
fun communications GmbH Lorenzstrasse 29 D-76135 Karlsruhe

www.fun.de