mace-opensaml-users - Hi All

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Hi All

  • From: "Balasubramaniam Janakiraman" <>
  • To: , ,
  • Subject: Hi All
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:29:05 +0300

Hi,

My company wanted to implement SSO for interanet web application. I had went through GSS-API using kerberos API. But the security team told that for kerberos authentication firewall port needs to be opened . They suggested for SAML. I went through SAML specification. It specifies the message flow but . It didn't specify the authentication technical details.Then i searched for SAML implementation toolkits and found in sourceid. But they also have something called Federated Identity . Now I am confused what to use. If possible kindly provide the details as a difference between SAML , Federated identity and JAAS using kerberos.

Thanks,

Bala.J

  • Hi All, Balasubramaniam Janakiraman, 08/26/2006