mace-opensaml-users - confusing buss words on single sign on

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

confusing buss words on single sign on

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: confusing buss words on single sign on
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 03:25:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

My company wanted to implement SSO for interanet web application. I had went
through GSS-API using kerberos API. But the security team told that for
kerberos authentication firewall port needs to be opened . They suggested for
SAML. I went through SAML specification. It specifies the message flow but .
It didn't specify the authentication technical details.Then i searched for
SAML implementation toolkits and found in sourceid. But they also have
something called Federated Identity . Now I am confused what to use. If
possible kindly provide the details as a difference between SAML , Federated
identity and JAAS using kerberos.

Thanks,

Bala.J

  • confusing buss words on single sign on, jbala77, 08/26/2006