mace-opensaml-users - RE: Exception when signing a SAMLAssertion

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Exception when signing a SAMLAssertion

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Paul Ashford'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Exception when signing a SAMLAssertion
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:43:20 -0400

> I read in some previous posts that it is not a good idea to change that
> property for whatever reason. Though, when I look through the code, it
> is only referenced in a couple of places. What are the major implications
> of setting that property outside of allowing the sign method to work on a
> SAML 1.0 document?

It controls the default validation schema used if the application doesn't
explicitly tell it which set to use. It used to determine the only version
used, but that was fixed.

This isn't a big problem anymore because it has never been possible to
handle both versions on the same endpoint, so the application always has to
know which version it's getting anyway and can use the right parser pool.