mace-opensaml-users - Single vs. Multiple Configuration in OS2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Single vs. Multiple Configuration in OS2

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Single vs. Multiple Configuration in OS2
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:23:03 -0400

So, for various other reasons I've been looking at the configuration mechanism for the OpenSAML 2 library and I'm going to need to make some changes. So, that led me to think about another aspect of the process that I've not given much thought to in the past. The current mechanism only allows one configuration per classloader (or classloader hierarchy if you're doing parent-first classloading delegation which is standard in standalone apps but not in container managed apps).

So, the question is, is there a reasonable use case where people would need to load multiple configurations within a single classloader?

Practically this would mean that for a given element, or schema type, you could have one implementation in one configuration and another implementation in another configuration and the ability to access each by some currently unspecified mechanism (probably by configuration name).

  • Single vs. Multiple Configuration in OS2, Chad La Joie, 07/31/2006