mace-opensaml-users - Re: FW: FW: XMLtooling build problem

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: FW: FW: XMLtooling build problem

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: FW: FW: XMLtooling build problem
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:03:02 -0400

Dobri,
Brent and Scott compile the xml-security library from the current source snapshots as the currently released library does not meet all of our needs (Scott's been contributing back changes). I'm sorry that I forgot about this when we talked. You can pull the snapshots from here:

http://people.apache.org/~blautenb/

Scott Cantor wrote:
I've been working a little bit on setting up SAML. I think I've got
all the dependencies squared away but the XMLtooling solution will not
build and will complain about compilation problems. Please see below.

There are no supported releases of this new code yet. Secondly, you CANNOT
use any released version of xml-security with this code. It requires an
unreleased version. That's one of many reasons I'm not putting this code out
yet.

d:\whc\jonathanhandler\saml\xmltooling\current\trunk\xmltooling\signat
ure\impl\xmlsecsignatureimpl.cpp(236)
: error C2664: 'DSIGSignature::createBlankSignature' :
cannot convert
parameter 2 from 'const XMLCh *' to 'canonicalizationMethod'

Sure sign you're using old xml-security code.