mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAMLResponse.toString(), easy way to get XML representation?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAMLResponse.toString(), easy way to get XML representation?

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAMLResponse.toString(), easy way to get XML representation?
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:38:48 -0400

In the 2.0 version of the Java library you'd marshall the object (so you actually have XML) and then just do

XMLHelper.nodeToString(Element)

That class is found in the org.opensaml.xml.util package.

Not sure off the top of my head how to do this in version 1, I think it's up to the developer.

Doug M wrote:
I wanted to get the XML representation of a SAMLResponse into a String for logging and debugging purposes. The toString seems to just have some of the values without including the XML.

Is there an easy way to get a string that includes the XML representation of the SAMLResponse?

Thanks,

Doug

Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124