mace-opensaml-users - RE: New to opensaml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: New to opensaml

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Ambarish Mitra'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: New to opensaml
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:29:00 -0400

> The first thing is: I do not find good documentation on
> opensaml at all.

Because it doesn't exist. The new version will be more documented, but not
in a "how SAML works" sort of way.

> Is there a document listing the functions
> exported, the basic description of those, and also possibly a
> tutorial like first - steps?

There is no tutorial. Assuming you're using Java, you can generate javadocs
quite easily with the ant script, and they're mostly up to date. There are a
couple of unit tests. That's about it.