mace-opensaml-users - Re: SOAP library

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SOAP library

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Re: SOAP library
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:43:56 -0500

Actually I suspect that they did the right thing. The JAXP interfaces came out of the WSDP work and before their inclusion in the JDK (and a while after for old JDKs) those interfaces were included WSDP.

That said, the only thing I know off off the top of my head that supports SOAP attachments is Apache Axis.

W Strater wrote:
I am currently using the saaj-impl.jar that comes with Sun's Java WS Developer Pack. Some how I doubt it has been coded not to use the version of Xerces that comes with Sun's JDK. So I am in the market for a SOAP library and probably a replacement for SAAJServlet. I started my work in Java 1.4 and want to move to 1.5. The first time I tried the move, I had more issues than time. I know if I do move to 1.5 I will fix some of these issue but not all.

Wes.