mace-opensaml-users - Re: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Re: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:33:57 -0500

All of the JEE containers I've used (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, and WebLogic) set their own endorsed directory when they start up. If you set the system property on the command line or in the shortcut for WAS it's probably getting overwritten during startup. Check the WAS documentation to see where to put endorsed jars, usually these apps just have a directory within their tree that you drop the jars into.

AMBRISH UPADHYAY wrote:
Hi ,
I am using openSAML 1.1 in Web-sphere application developer 5.1.2. For my application I am using the WAS 4.0 test environment. When I run the
POSTProfileTest.java in WAS 4.0 I am getting the below mention exception.
As per the endorsed standard override mechanism I set the java.endorsed.dirs system property but Still I am getting the same exception.
Can some body help me regarding this error.

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: OpenSAML requires an xml
parser that supports JAXP 1.3. Sun JAXP 1.3 has been included with
this release and is strongly recommended. If you are using Java 1.4,
make sure that you have enabled the Endorsed Standards Override
Mechanism for this parser (see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/ for details).
at org.opensaml.SAMLConfig.verifyUsableXmlParser(SAMLConfig.java:234)
at org.opensaml.SAMLConfig.<init>(SAMLConfig.java:46)
at org.opensaml.SAMLConfig.instance(SAMLConfig.java:119)
at

org.opensaml.SAMLBrowserProfileFactory.getInstance(SAMLBrowserProfileFactory.java:39)
at

com.americanexpress.eabp.saml.POSTProfileTest.testPOSTProfile(POSTProfileTest.java:112)
at

com.americanexpress.eabp.requesthandlers.SamlRH.processRequest(SamlRH.java:34)
at
com.americanexpress.util.frontservlet.FrontServlet.processRequest(Unknown
Source)
at com.americanexpress.util.frontservlet.FrontServlet.doGet(Unknown
Source)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager.java:827)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:167)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:297)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:110)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:472)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletManager.java:1012)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManager.java:913)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:721)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:374)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:118)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:134)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:239)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:67)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContext.java:106)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:154)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:317)
at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:60)
at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:477)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:341)
at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:144)

Yahoo! Mail
Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com> makes sharing a breeze.

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg