mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAMLConfigTest fails

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAMLConfigTest fails

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAMLConfigTest fails
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 06:58:30 -0500

Lars, what does your config file look like?

As far running on JDK 1.4, did you change the target in the build.properties file and then run the ant package target? If so, can you tell me which classes it couldn't find? We have probably accidentally used a 1.5 specific class.

Also, as a word of warning. The OpenSAML 2 library is still under heavy development. APIs can and will change without notice, code may be untested or just plain broken, and documentation is likely out of date. If you are just checking out the new library that's fine, I'm happy to see others do that, but if you're planning on writing code with it I'd suggest holding off for a few months till at least the betas are out.

Lars Beekmann wrote:
Hi @ all,

I ran SAMLConfigTest and got:

ERROR: 'UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve 'md:EntitiesDescriptor' as a QName: the prefix 'md' is not declared.'

11:49:48,100 FATAL [SAMLConfig] Configuration document validation failed

_org.opensaml.xml.parse.XMLParserException_: Invalid Document

at org.opensaml.common.xml.ParserPoolManager.validateDocument(_ParserPoolManager.java:363_)

at org.opensaml.common.xml.ParserPoolManager.validate(_ParserPoolManager.java:125_)

at org.opensaml.common.SAMLConfig.validateConfigurationDocument(_SAMLConfig.java:335_)

Can someone help me?

Another Question: I want to use OpenSAML in a Java 1.4 Environment but after compiling with target.jdk = 1.4 I got classDefNotFoundExceptions when using it in my project – raised when OpenSAML wants to use classes from the 1.5 Java Environment. I tried adding additional javax libaries from the Java Webservice Developer Pack to fix this but got other exceptions then…

I would be thankful for any help…

Thanks

Lars

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg.
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124

  • SAMLConfigTest fails, Lars Beekmann, 01/16/2006
    • Re: SAMLConfigTest fails, Chad La Joie, 01/16/2006