mace-opensaml-users - XACML Profile of OpenSAML 2.0 for the HERAS-AF project

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

XACML Profile of OpenSAML 2.0 for the HERAS-AF project

  • From: "Wolfgang Giersche" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: XACML Profile of OpenSAML 2.0 for the HERAS-AF project
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:43:51 +0100

Dear SAML community

I am working with Swiss University Rapperswil on a enterprise
authorization framework called HERAS-AF that would eventually leverage
on the SAML 2.0 XACML profile for PEP-PDP communication. For that I plan
to integrate SUN's XACML implementation with your upcoming SAML2.0
implementation. I was really happy to see that the roadmap envisages a
final release for March 2006. I could imagine to donate the resulting
SAML-XACML glue code, if the project finds the results worthy. Now my
remaining questions are:
Is there already someone working on the implementation of the SAML 2.0
Profile for XACML? Do you possibly even know about projects in the arena
that I should be aware of?
Is the final milestone in March realistic?

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

Wolfgang