mace-opensaml-users - RE: tutorial / documentation suggestion

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: tutorial / documentation suggestion

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Matthias Fischer'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: tutorial / documentation suggestion
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:09:05 -0500

> There are several cries for documentation in the list. I read a mail
> saying that someone is trying to accomplish the Liberty Spec with
> OpenSAML (which is something I try to accomplish too).

That is for all intents and purposes, impossible. So documenting that fact
is helpful, but fairly easy.

> This mail was in April. Either the one who wrote that gave up on it or
> he succeeded and if I'm pretty sure he will be so kind to contribute
> some of his experience if there is a wiki that is open to all.

He didn't suceeed, since it can't be done with the current API. ;-)

> You could start off the Wiki giving some tips how to start with OpenSAML
> now using the Spec and the examples that come with it. This should be
> incentive enough to make the wiki grow.

I could, except that *I* have to do that, and if I had the time, I would
have done it already. That's my point.

> Tom Scavo volunteers on designing the front page, so it looks to me that
> the wiki won't start off blank. If I succeed with OpenSAML I will
definitely
> contribute to such a wiki and I am convinced that others would do so too.

I think we'll find it's not that simple, but that's why I asked for
volunteers. Beyond that, I have to find out whether I can deal with user
registration, and if the answer comes back no, it will mean I have to open
it up, which has its own problems.