mace-opensaml-users - Re: tutorial / documentation suggestion

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: tutorial / documentation suggestion

  • From: Matthias Fischer <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: tutorial / documentation suggestion
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:00:07 +0100

Hi Scott,

if you build it, they will come...

Actually, that's not true. If you build it, and organize it such that people
have obvious things to contribute and places to put them, they might come.
Wikis are great, but blank Wikis generally stay blank.

So there is some up front effort and thought required.

-- Scott

There are several cries for documentation in the list. I read a mail saying that someone is trying to accomplish the Liberty Spec with OpenSAML (which is something I try to accomplish too).
This mail was in April. Either the one who wrote that gave up on it or he succeeded and if I'm pretty sure he will be so kind to contribute some of his experience if there is a wiki that is open to all.
You could start off the Wiki giving some tips how to start with OpenSAML now using the Spec and the examples that come with it. This should be incentive enough to make the wiki grow.
Tom Scavo volunteers on designing the front page, so it looks to me that the wiki won't start off blank.
If I succeed with OpenSAML I will definitely contribute to such a wiki and I am convinced that others would do so too.

Kind regards
Matthias