mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAMLQuery error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAMLQuery error

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Anthony J Stell'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SAMLQuery error
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:41:48 -0500

> //"saml" is a SAMLRequest object and "req" is the empty Request object

Ok, what specifically is in the request? What kind of query is it? You could
just dump the XML out with saml.toStream().

> I'm assuming that there is some value in the XML of the
> object (presumably what type of query) that I haven't set?

Well, it means the library reading in the object isn't registered to know
about the type of query in the request, I guess.

> The only time I came across this on the net was in reference
> to a bug in OpenSAML. Could this be the source of the
> problem? I'm uncertain what version of OpenSAML Globus uses -
> they may not have back-patched this bug. When I tried to use
> the latest build of OpenSAML it required a different XML
> parser that I failed to find.

To say that this is outside my ability to support would be an
understatement. If it's not my code as delivered by me, there's not much I
can tell you. There's no bug in the current version like this.

I think you probably need to use only the Globus supplied code and not
anything from OpenSAML unless you're separated by a process boundary and can
use anything you want to.