mace-opensaml-users - SAMLQuery error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAMLQuery error

  • From: "Anthony J Stell" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: SAMLQuery error
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:38:29 -0000

Hi,

I’m trying to implement a client that calls a PERMIS service implemented in GT4. The PERMIS service takes in a parameter of the form:

protocol._0._1.SAML.tc.names.oasis.Request

Which I think(?) is a Globus construct. So using the SAMLRequest (from the “org.opensaml” package) I’m trying to construct this object from scratch.

I have manually set the majorVersion parameter to 1. I’ve also set up a date and time object to allow me to set the issueInstant parameter. I have set the “_any” value of the object, then execute the request in PERMIS by using the following lines:

//”saml” is a SAMLRequest object and “req” is the empty Request object

Element e = (Element)saml.toDOM();

MessageElement me = new MessageElement(e);

req.set_any(new MessageElement[]{me});

Response resp = permis.SAMLRequest(req);

The error that I’m getting back is:

org.opensaml.UnsupportedExtensionException: SAMLQuery.getInstance() unable to locate an implementation of specified query type

Within the PERMIS service itself, this appears to happen when a SAMLRequest object is then created out of this other Request object that is passed in. However, I’m unable to verify this as I don’t have direct access to tweaking the source code of the service and therefore cannot pinpoint the exact line of code where it falls over.

I’m assuming that there is some value in the XML of the object (presumably what type of query) that I haven’t set? Could someone tell me what this should be and how I can set it in the XML? (I’m not very familiar with how to extract the values of these request/response objects from the XML that is passed between methods.)

The only time I came across this on the net was in reference to a bug in OpenSAML. Could this be the source of the problem? I’m uncertain what version of OpenSAML Globus uses – they may not have back-patched this bug. When I tried to use the latest build of OpenSAML it required a different XML parser that I failed to find…

If there’s anyone on this list that could help me out here, I’d be most grateful.

Thanks very much

Anthony Stell

Anthony Stell

Grid Engineer, National e-Science Centre

University of Glasgow

United Kingdom, G12 8QQ

Tel: +44 (0) 141 330 8648