mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML for Provisioning

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML for Provisioning

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML for Provisioning
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:24:31 -0400

The people who were discussing this might have confused SAML with SPML
(Service Provisioning Markup Language), also by OASIS. While some
applications could use SAML to create accounts (the first time they see some
come across with a SAML assertion) but that's about it. SPML allows for
creation and deletion of accounts, setting, updating, and removing
attributes, and generally querying for an account, much more than what you
could do with SAML.

Chad La Joie 315Q St. Mary's Hall
Project Sentinel 202.687.0124