mace-opensaml-users - Re: opensaml.jar

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: opensaml.jar

  • From: Tim Freeman <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: opensaml.jar
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:28:27 -0500

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:19:38 -0400
"Scott Cantor"

> > Maybe this should be moved to the opensaml list, I'd also like to request
> > adding support for in-memory JKS object as well as the current
> > filesystem JKS support in SOAPHTTPBindingProvider. I could provide a
> patch
> > for that (not right away).
>
> I'd consider it, but I'd be more inclined to say people that need anything
> beyond the basics should just install an HTTPHook and handle SSL however
> they want.
>
> Static trust lists border on worthless for SAML applications except in
> testing tools (which is the genesis of this thread, I grant you), so I
> didn't really see the JKS stuff as anything but demo code.
>
> -- Scott

OK, thanks. I was requesting actually because the AA-client tool currently
converts PEM and SAML metadata into JKS files and then write them out in order
to be picked up in this class. I was looking for a way to bypass needing a
scratch directory.

I will look into the HTTPHook option, thanks.

Thanks,
Tim