mace-opensaml-users - SAMLConfig singleton and multiple bindings of the same type (SOAP)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAMLConfig singleton and multiple bindings of the same type (SOAP)

  • From: Giandomenico Napolitano <>
  • To:
  • Subject: SAMLConfig singleton and multiple bindings of the same type (SOAP)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 19:48:05 +0200

In my SAML PDP I need to communicate with other SAML responders before emitting an authorization decision. So, in the process of handling the first SOAP invocation as a *service*, the PDP queries at least one other SAML responder (AA(s) for the record) as a *client*. All communications are over HTTPS, with different server certs for PDP's client and AAs.

As far as I know, in current OpenSAML code there's no other way to configure SSL than using the singleton SAMLConfig. This config is read only whithin static part of the SAMLSOAPBinding implementation, so it's global and unique.

Maybe I should modify/rewrite SOAPHTTPBindingProvider.java to be dinamically configurable (and to (re)move static part)? In this case what should be the format for the Element passed as an argument to the constructor?
Maybe I'm pushing OpenSAML too far and I should use Axis to handle SOAP-over-HTTPS messaging instead?

Does OpenSAML perform correlation checks between a samlp:request's requestId and the corresponding inResponseTo in the samlp:response?

Thank you.
--
Giandomenico Napolitano
University of Pisa, Italy