mace-opensaml-users - RE: Errors parsing the SAML assertion

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Errors parsing the SAML assertion

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Errors parsing the SAML assertion
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:56:06 -0400

You're trying to parse something that appears to be a Liberty assertion with
a SAML library. This is not going to work without significant effort, and
frankly, I doubt you'll be very successful.

At a minimum, you'd have to extend a large number of classes, in some cases
by wholesale replacement. You also would have to register all of the
extension schemas with the parser. Without them, any use of an unknown
xsi:type will break my implementation. This is the downside of validation.

Once the parser knows the type, the ID problem would probably go away, but
you you'd also have to be running OpenSAML in "compatibility-mode" to parse
things from a SAML 1.0 base, which has different schemas.

I think you're off track here, basically, and should probably look for a
Liberty toolkit, not a SAML one.