mace-opensaml-users - issue with opensaml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

issue with opensaml

  • From: Andreas Hänel <>
  • To:
  • Subject: issue with opensaml
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:12:32 +0200

Hi,
I tried to create and print a SAMLRequest with the following code:

SAMLNameIdentifier nameid = new
SAMLNameIdentifier("2321",null,SAMLNameIdentifier.FORMAT_UNSPECIFIED);
SAMLSubject subject = new SAMLSubject(nameid,null,null,null);
SAMLAuthenticationQuery q = new
SAMLAuthenticationQuery(subject,"fingerprint");
ArrayList respw = new ArrayList();
respw.add("AuthenticationStatement");
SAMLRequest request = new SAMLRequest(respw,q,new ArrayList(),new
ArrayList());
String test = request.toString();
System.out.println(test);

but I got the following Exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl.setIdAttributeNS(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
at org.opensaml.SAMLRequest.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLObject.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLObject.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLSignedObject.toDOM(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLObject.toStream(Unknown Source)
at org.opensaml.SAMLObject.toString(Unknown Source)
at bioauth.client.main(client.java:27)

Is there a mistake in my code (maybe some wrong parameter?)

Andreas