mace-opensaml-users - Using opensaml to secure Web Services using Axis and EJBs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Using opensaml to secure Web Services using Axis and EJBs

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Using opensaml to secure Web Services using Axis and EJBs
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 07:25:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm doing a comparison between Web Service security techniques for my
Bachelor thesis. I'm concentrating on WS-Security and SAML. I've already done
a succesful implementation of WS-Security using WSS4J. I'm currently using
Axis and JBoss to deploy my Web Services. These Web Services use session
beans (EJBs) as their provider.

So far so good. But now I have to use SAML to secure these Web Services. Is
opensaml the way to go for me? Is opensaml even suitable for this purpose, or
do I need to look at other implementations of SAML?

Thanks in advance,

Matthijs