mace-opensaml-users - Action Element in AuthorisationDecisionQuery

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Action Element in AuthorisationDecisionQuery

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Action Element in AuthorisationDecisionQuery
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 05:35:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everybody,

In order to realize an authorization-service, we want to use SAML1.1 to
communicate with the applications or a web server bounded
communication-component.
The one thing I don’t understand is why the Action Element at the
AuthorisationDecisionQuery is a must.
Our goal is to get all actions a subject can do and not a restricted number
of them.
What was the reason to define that the Action Element is a must?
Should or could I ignore it without violating the standard?

Thanks in advance

kotchy